Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One of the worst days of my life...

I went back to work yesterday. I cried most of the evening on Sunday night and all morning while getting ready and as I drove to school. Luckily Stephen takes the baby to "school" (AKA the grandnanny's house). If I had to drop him off he may have spent the day in my office at PHS. Once I got to school I settled in quickly. My Senior students were great. They brought me a dozen red roses and a big "Welcome Back" card. The day went pretty fast. I only managed to pump once (after advice from Auntie Bres I made time to pump three times today). I had a meeting after school, so I didn't get to leave until 3:30. I was so ready to get out of there. The baby was at my dad's house and Grandfather was exhausted. Cole was great, but my dad was really tired. He was in the bed napping before I even left their house. I don't think he realized how much work a little one can be.

Today Cole stayed with Stephen's dad. He sent me a picture about mid-day. Paw was in major violation of Rule 12, page 2, paragraph 3 of the "Instruction Manual for Cole"...my child was in jammies in public. My dad sent Paw an email immediately and told him that "Cole better not be in pajamas or he would be in deep doo doo." Needless to say, Cole made it in his day outfit pretty quickly. I can't wait to see what adventure will happen tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ali said...

I can only imagine how tough it must have been for you. I am sure that it will get easier for all of you, but I am thiking of you and saying lots of prayers that each day gets better and better. You have wonderful students! Hope the rest of the week is better!

Kristin Myers said...

You did it!!! I am so proud of you. Keep it up! I know you will be an amazing working mom. And yes....I agree...Paw better get in shape...no jams in public!