Thursday, March 4, 2010

Letter from Cole (Thursday, March 4)

The weather is warming up and I am in serious need of a really good bite from a big red but more preferably a big trout! All I hear about these days is how much fun it's "gonna" be for dad, Uncle John and granddaddy to go fishing with me and Pabs. Well sorry Pabs, but if any of the three of you, or all three of you, or any other combination that includes me wants to go fishing... Well let's quit talking and let's start casting!

I heard y'all talking about how old I needed to be to head down to Mansfield. Well, I think three and a half months is almost perfect. Perfect would have been however old I was yesterday!!!!

Don't worry about waders; I'm used to being wet most of the day anyway when I am with granddaddy!

I know dad snuck off with Uncle John last weekend and did not even think of taking me; brutal! I guess it was not all that bad here though and besides I love fishing but a catch every now and then would be nice too. I heard there was little or no catching on this trip but I could have changed all that with a floating pink Corky fatboy. They would have eaten it up!

I better grab my pole; looks like that big trout has my fat boy sideways in her mouth. If my rig holds up the next time you see me will be on the cover of "Texas Saltwater Fishing" magazine!

Gotta go my drags singing!

Coler

No comments: