Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cookies With Nonnie

When I was a kid, my mom, brother and I would bake and decorate cookies for Christmas. Mom and I started this with Cole last year.  Cole helped me mix the ingredients and knead the dough...then he got bored so he sat in his chair and colored.  He did help me decorate once they were all cooled.  We took the finished cookies to the neighbors.  I had bought some cello bags, but the glitter gel didn't harden...note to self next year, so we packaged up the non-glitter gels ones in the bags and hand delivered a few of the glitter ones separately.

I'm ready, Nonnie.

Mixing the dough

Kneading the dough

He didn't like yucky hands.

Helping Nonnie with the cut-outs

Eating some M n M's on his break

Helping mommy decorate

Trying the glitter gel

Bells and Stars...some Mickey's too

Snowmen, Gingerbread Men, Ornaments

The Finished Products...I used the leftover eyes from the Elmo Pops

No comments: