Sunday, August 15, 2010

Haircut With The Clippers


We have trimmed Cole's hair several times already. I have yet to keep any hair because I've told myself that these home haircuts really don't count. I have trimmed the comb over, around the ears and lately I have been wanting to thin out the sides. I had a genius idea to use Stephen's clippers (with a six guard..the highest we had.) We put Cole in his walker and gave him one of his new favorite toys, his nasal aspirator. Gross, I know, but it is sterilized and we haven't used it on his nose in a long while. It's crazy how he used to hate that thing coming near his nose, but now he loves to stick it in his mouth. Back to the story...As Stephen began to trim the sides all Cole wanted to do was turn around and see where the noise was coming from. I don't know if it was the poorly sharpened clippers or the texture of Cole's fine hair, but the clippers didn't quite work out like I had hoped. They did thin out his sides some and we ended up trimming the top with a pair of scrap booking scissors. Cole will definitely be going to a professional before his first birthday for a real haircut. He are a few before and after shots.

BEFORE




Cole before the big trim AKA Bozo the Clown... do yall remember that show?

AFTER




Post Bathtime fun

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love him-such a cutie! I need to try that with Em's hair... :)

Ali said...

Look at that handsome guy! Such a cutie pie!